Leading the way to COP26 – The UK’s journey to Net Zero
Our latest survey on the Net Zero economy*, conducted in partnership with Drax, showed that 38% of respondents said they fully understand the term net zero and the implications for their business while 21% did not. Amid unprecedented challenges in the past twelve months, one third of firms do not consider net zero to be a priority and more than two-thirds have either never heard of COP or know the name only. However, appetite to become net zero is very high, with 88% saying they are actively taking at least one measure to reduce carbon emissions. Leading the way to Cop26 – the UK's journey to Net Zero, a panel event delivered in partnership with Drax, will enable participants to:
• Gain a deeper understanding of the term Net Zero and the impact it will have on their business.
• Understand more about Cop26, what it means for their business and how they can get involved.
• Hear a real-life case study from Drax, with their vision to be carbon negative by 2030, including the changes they've made and the hurdles they've faced.
• Take away actions to bring them closer to realising their net zero ambitions and/or targets.
On Monday 17th May at 2pm Claire Walker, Co-Executive Director at the British Chambers of Commerce will be joined by:
• Will Gardiner, CEO, Drax Group
• Chris Stark, Chief Executive, The Climate Change Committee
• James Heath, Chief Executive, The National Infrastructure Commission.
• Eliot Whittington, Director of Policy, The Prince of Wales's Corporate Leaders Group
• Claire Perry O'Neill, Managing Director, Climate & Energy, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)
*Conducted in August 2020
In order to comply with GDPR, the British Chambers of Commerce will not share your personal details with anyone unless you inform us you're happy for us to do so.
REGISTER HERE FOR THE EVENT